Follow by Email

Saturday, March 11, 2017

"LO! NOW SHALL APPEAR THE MIMIC!"

As a change to my usual posts, simply because I love the X - Men #19 SO much, I thought I would post a gallery of all of the comics featuring this story on the cover!
Hope you like them as much as I do?



This pin - up / poster appeared on the back page of Fantastic #37!








Now then, have I missed any? If you do know of any others, then please let me know, so that I can add them to this gallery!

BONUS PICTURE!
And here, below, is a reproduction of the art from the original splash page : -


5 comments:

  1. It looks like that Mimic poster artwork is by Barry Windsor-Smith, or just plain Barry Smith as he was then. As that image is "from the personal collection of Gordon Robson", perhaps Kid can verify that? ( he knows that kind of stuff... )
    I'm sure this story also appeared in The Super-Heroes when Marvel UK were reprinting the early X-Men stories, but I'm not sure which issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, yeah, Barry Smith did a lot of the Fantastic posters and several of the pix are Kid's!
      Have updated the post now!
      Cheers, mate!

      Delete
  2. You missed The Super-Heroes #33, JP. It's in part 7 of my cover gallery of the comic. (The story was in #33 & 34, but was only featured on the cover of #33. The original cover was used as the splash page for the 2nd part of the story in #34.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, Cer's comment came in as I was typing my own. Yes, I believe it was by Barry Smith.

      Delete
  3. Ah! Thanks for those, Kid! I've now added them as well!
    Other possibilities were the Titans and Amazing Adventures, but I couldn't find any there! I did find a cover of the second Mimic story in your "Thor and the X-Men weekly gallery". Perhaps I may do a follow up sometime?
    Anyway, thanks for your help, mate!
    ( Also been revisiting all of your Fireball XL5 strips! - A great selection in your archives!)

    ReplyDelete